Forest School Assistant
The governors would like to appoint a Forest School Assistant who can deliver exciting Forest School and outdoor learning activities. We are looking for a dedicated and proactive individual who enjoys working with children and can share their love of the Forest School and learning in the outdoors as a built in part of our curriculum. You will help run regular, accessible and engaging forest school activities, under the leadership of our Forest School Lead, on site for groups of children from Nursery to Year 6. You will contribute to assessment and liaise with class teachers to support children/s academic progress and emotional well-being. A Forest School qualification would be preferable but not essential as in house training will be provided.
Work Location: Coffinswell Lane, Kingskerswell, Devon TQ12 5HN
Pupils on Roll400
Occupational group: Education Support
Salary details:£9.18 per hour
Job term: Fixed Term
Appointment type: Part Time
Hours: 0.8 FTE (4 days)
Closing Date: 2nd September 2019
Interview date:5th September 2019
Candidates will need:
– A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways.
– Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
– A commitment to working as part of a team.
– The ability to support planning and resourcing structured outdoor learning opportunities for EYFS KS1 KS2.
– To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning.
– The ability to maintain the forest school area.
We can offer you a welcoming and supportive staff team, personalised CPD and children who behave well and really want to learn.
This post is temporary due to budgetary constraints.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcome, please contact Karen Strachan on 01803 873398 or email email@example.com.