Year 5 visit to St. Mary’s - Wednesday, 22nd November 2023
As part of our RE&WV unit ‘What does it mean if Christians believe God to be loving and holy?’, the Year 5 children took part in a carousel of events led by the members of the parish at our church. The activity stations included:
- History of the beautiful stained-glass windows and the 200-year old organ (with time to have a go!),
- The day as a vicar, the different types of vestments (robes) worn, and the process of becoming a vicar,
- Cremation and burial, and a tour of the church yard, examining the War graves
- Significance and history of the church’s pulpit and the Baptismal font, and
- A quiz on the historical facts of St. Mary and the church.